BRPPA helps members compete more effectively at home and abroad
- BRPPA plays a determining role in projects to improve competitiveness of the rubber industry.
- BRPPA (in association with The Department of Business) was the driving force in the production and dissemination of the Good Practice Guide for the GRG sector.
BRPPA helps the training of industry’s technical staff
BRPPA works towards ensuring that an adequate supply of staff with the right skills is available to industry
- It actively promotes and facilitates the discussion of industry’s training and education needs.
- It has significant involvement in, and commitment to, the relevant Sector Skills Councils – Cogent for the rubber and polyurethanes sector
- It shapes training provision for the rubber industry
- BRPPA facilitates the development of new courses at members’ request.
Facilitating research and development
BRPPA helps to preserve the rubber and polyurethane R&D base in the UK
- It represents the section in the Polymor Industry Advisory Group of the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN)
- It identifies research projects of interest to the industry and, by liaising with R&D centres, promotes new research and development amongst its members